We are looking for high caliber Software Development Engineers to start a Greenfield initiative with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture while designing and building highly scalable services, and solutions from the ground up.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, work on front and backend services that can scale to millions of requests, build products that will reach millions of customers and deploy them globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our project spans across Amazon Consumer and AWS business lines as we work to build high request volume customer facing services. You will work closely with and learn from a large Principal Engineering community with direct interaction with project leadership up to the S-Team level. As innovators who embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems and will directly influence product design.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
Key job responsibilities
1. Build brand new distributed software applications using native aws to deliver the unique customer experiences.
2. Own defining, disambiguating, designing, and implementing multi-tier distributed software systems and applications.
3. Estimate effort, plan implementation, and launch systems that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
4. Experiment, innovate and deliver in a fast, agile and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving and championing the product and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
5. Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).