Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Reporting to the Team Leader, Business Analysis and Architecture, the IT Business Analyst (BA) links the needs of business units with available technological solutions.
The incumbent will ensure that existing IT systems function properly, will help improve them and implement new solutions as well as the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
In addition to maintaining contact with internal clients, the incumbent will be working closely with team members from business analysis, software development, business intelligence and system administration, as well as with project managers.
• Understand the business context and impact of projects on the organization’s processes.
• Identify and establish needs for business and IT strategies.
• Design processes and map data models.
• Participate in business process revamping efforts.
• Participate in testing and implementing new modules in the applications used.
• Present concrete solutions related to client needs.
• Maintain continual and efficient communication with all stakeholders to ensure the solution corresponds with trade requirements.
• Help improve analysis tools used by the business.
• Establish requirements and participate in in-depth, analytical and feasibility studies.
• Analyze the impact of improvements and changes requested by business units on the proposed solutions.
• Translate business requirements into technical objectives for development teams.
• Produce required documentation and keep it updated throughout the project, including:
o documenting analyses and scenarios of proposed solutions.
o developing and updating functional documentation, training on the application systems and user information.
• Perform quality assurance tests to develop systems and assist super users.
• Provide functional support to users.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Ability to work on a team, problem solving, diplomacy
• Initiative and a positive attitude
• Ability to multitask on several projects at the same time
• Demonstrated leadership and strong abilities in communication, influencing and negotiation
• Rigorous adherence to schedules and quality
• Good sense of organization and time management, and methodical
• Knowledge of the user experience and of the high-level principles to implement to meet needs and demands.
• Ability to structure and lead meetings for multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholders
• Versatile and results-oriented
• Demonstrated initiative and innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in Administrative Data Processing or any other relevant field
• At least two years of relevant experience in the business analysis field
• Good knowledge of the most widespread analysis and development methodologies
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Asset: knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP – HR and Sales and Marketing modules, or other
• Asset: work experience with DevOps
• Asset: work experience in an Agile model
• Asset: knowledge of Cornerstone (ATS and LMS modules) or similar applications