Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Reporting to the analyst team leader, the Functional Analyst, Dynamics AX – Finance module, will play an active role in projects related to developing Dynamics AX as well as day-to-day activities supporting, analyzing, configuring and maintaining systems so they run smoothly. The incumbent will also work closely with other team members as well as in other IT areas (development, strategic watch, infrastructure and the Help Desk).
• Support the Finance team in establishing its needs and guide it in selecting appropriate solutions by proposing options, making recommendations and producing a rollout plan.
• Provide functional support to the Finance team’s daily operations and propose ideas for improvement.
• Help design Dynamics AX solutions, especially for the Finance team’s processes and integrations.
• Configure applications to meet business needs and processes.
• Process tickets for projects, change requests and bugs.
• Ensure that standard practices and procedures are applied when configuring solutions.
• Establish test plans and coordinate their execution with super-users; get their feedback before and after implementation.
• Work with team members and the user community
• Analyze, process, convert and clean data.
• Maintain an optimized portfolio of applications and reports supporting the business unit.
• Provide effort estimates as part of IT planning and quantify project resource requirements.
• Prepare training material and help with training activities for Finance team users, where required.
• Perform all other related tasks.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Hold recognized leadership
• Ability to summarize and analyze and know how to problem solve
• Ability to multitask on several projects at the same time and on an efficient team
• Good sense of organization, methodical and ability for time management
• Very good communication skills, resourceful and positive attitude
• Ability to take charge, coach and advise
• Oriented toward clients and the user experience
• Ability to structure and lead multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholder meetings
• Versatile and results-oriented
• Demonstrate initiative and innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Informatics or any other relevant field
• At least five years of relevant experience using the Dynamics AX Finance module
• Participation as a functional analyst in major IT development projects
• Strong life cycle experience related to software development.
• Bilingual (English and French) spoken and written
• Very good knowledge of Finance processes and their standard implementation in Dynamics AX
• Asset: knowledge of the Project module in Dynamics AX.
• Asset: experience with DevOps
• Asset: experience in a professional services firm