Requisition ID: 101197
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Our team, Global Data & Analytics Solutions, which builds data-driven scalable solutions, is looking for a Director Behavioural Data Science to be part of our team. You will build out the Behavioural Data Science practice, be a thought partner and collaborator in identifying and delivering behavioural data-driven solutions. You’ll lead a high-performing team of data scientists focused on initiatives where an understanding of behaviour through data is essential to this role.
If you have a deep understanding of behavioral data science, passionate about human behaviour, and experience in identifying and delivering advanced analytics solutions then why not apply today!
What you’ll do:
• Grow behavioural data science expertise within our team
• Lead the build of end-to-end advanced analytics solutions with a high impact on the business and operations
• Lead research, design, and implement descriptive, predictive, and inferential models using data science and machine learning techniques to build solutions for core business cases
• Lead the identification and specify data needs and quality requirements to support modelling
• Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business and provide insights
• Identify new opportunities and advocate your ideas
• Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture
• Partner with other data teams across the firm for knowledge sharing
What you’ll need:
• 7+ years in Data Science, Advanced Analytics and/or Consumer Insights or relevant experience, preferably with a related Advanced degree (Cognitive Science, Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field)
• Strong applied knowledge of human research to understand and customer/employee experiences
• Validated achievements in solving real-world advanced analytics challenges and leading a sophisticated portfolio and multiple partners in a fast-paced, dynamic, and matrixed team and business environment
• Ability to demystify measurement and translate data to consumable, relatable stories
• Proven track record to collaborate and work with non-Analytics partners in a fast-paced environment
• Good communication and influencing skills to drive the consumer’s needs and ensure an independent and unbiased voice in all conversations
• Ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix-based, global environment
• Experience with experimental design
• Experience with statistical analysis
• Experience working with Agile teams is a plus
• Proficiency in SQL, Nodejs, Java, Scala, NoSQL DB preferred
• Proficiency in Python along with common data science toolkits, such as Scikit-learn
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.