We are the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) - Ontario's independent energy regulator. We work to ensure a sustainable, reliable energy sector that helps consumers get value from their natural gas and electricity services – for today and tomorrow. We are
JOB POSTING #861324Position: Data Quality Analyst Location: Toronto General Hospital - LuCliff Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging Reports to: Director, Ambulatory Strategy & Diagnostic Performance Hours: 37.5 HOURS/WEEKSalary: $47,511 to
The Finance team has an exciting new opportunity available for a Data Insights Analyst/Junior Analyst at our Head Office in Toronto, ON. This role will play an integral part in expanding the organization’s analytical
ERP Business & Data Analyst (HR and Finance Focus) Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of 117 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto and Montreal Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be. Have many careers in one Firm.
At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees
The Data Management Branch at the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD) is on a continuous journey to evolve our data analytics and decision support system functions for the ministry. We are searching for select candidates with a strong inquisitive mind and the data analytics skills to explore our newly developed cloud data warehouse in order to serve ministry datasets for operational and strategic needs of the ministry. To every dataset there's a great story to tell and in choosing your journey with us your goal will be to take data of employees, employers of all businesses and workplaces of Ontario to help us find ways to make it safer and equitable for workers, and to keep our labour market dynamic. Come join our team and build your data science qualifications by building machine learning models, prediction algorithms and other data science techniques to determine how and why injuries are taking place in workplaces to support health safety program development and modernizing our compliance planning.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, your aim is to support key business decision making for our clients by:
• Analysing data, identify trends, develop data models and visualizations and disseminate analyses from multiple sources of data from occupational health & safety and employment standards systems
• Develop, monitor and report on performance metrics, trends values and monitor program outcomes
• Lead and build relationships with internal and external clients, stakeholders and organizations to facilitate information-sharing, proactively anticipate and respond to analytics and evidence needs across the Ministry, its partners and stakeholder organizations
• Create data-driven business processes and be a leader in decision science for the ministry
How do I qualify?
Analytical, Problem Solving and Research Skills
• You have data-driven analytical and problem solving skills to interpret and analyse dataset from multiple sources, structure and present good evidence and use it to resolve real-life business problems (e.g. policy development, strategic planning and operational decisions).
• You can anticipate and identify what matters for the business by finding trends, highlights and analyse of findings including analysis of relationship between datasets, make forecasting models, and conductive predictive analysis.
• You know how to undertake a full research process for decision making including determining the problem statement, detailing methodology, doing the research, develop options and recommendations and having it used by you or others for sound decision making for ministry program management or policy development.
• You have experience with data modelling techniques and the application of statistical data analysis programs (e.g. SAS or SPSS, R, Alteryx and open platforms).
• You have experience generating statistical reports using a variety of tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Crystal Reports, and Cognos Business Intelligence, Python).
• You have experience in information and database management and data retrieval (e.g., SQL, PHP, MySQL, MS Azure cloud, data modelling).
• You have knowledge of information and database management and data retrieval (e.g., relational database, data warehouse structures, ETL).
Communication, Presentation and Relationship Management Skills
• You take a client-centric approach and have demonstrated skills to build and foster business relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• You have proven oral and written communication and presentation skills to tell great fact-based stories using best practices in data visualization to an audience of varying expertise or subject matter understanding.
• You have prepared sound business cases, analyses and reports for complex business problems.
• You seek solutions through collaborative teamwork to solve difficult problems.
Project Management and Leadership Skills
• You have project management skills and leadership to lead and undertake projects from conception to completion including use of project management practices (waterfall, scrum and Kanban methods with experiences with project management tools like Kanban board and Gantt charts).
• You have demonstrated ability to handle conflicting work demands from multiple projects, timelines and deliverables
Salary Range: $63,257 - $88,440 per year
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, July 29, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 149943 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.