Founded in 1938, Agropur Cooperative is a North American dairy industry leader. With sales of $6 billion in 2016, the Cooperative is a source of pride for its 3,345 members and 8,000 employees. Agropur processes more than 5.9 billion litres of milk per year at its 39 plants across North America and boasts an impressive roster of brands and products including Natrel, Québon, OKA, Farmers, Agropur Signature, Agropur Grand Cheddar, Island Farms, BiPro, and the Ultima Foods joint venture's iögo and Olympic brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities during the selection process.
Reporting to the Business Analyst (Sales Planning Specialist), you will play a key role in the design and makeover of the sales planning process. You will be primarily called upon to actively take part in developing forecasting, analysis and decision-making procedures and tools aimed at supporting Sales Planning operations at Agropur.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Documenting the sales planning process, and taking part in training the teams on the new processes;
• Playing a key role in implementing a demand and promotions planning software suite - working closely with IT, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Demand Planners, and various other parties in order to configure the system based on needs and requirements;
• Managing the integration and rollout of the processes and tools with the appropriate parties;
• Optimizing and standardizing existing tools, setting up control mechanisms all along the data output chain to ensure the integrity of the information throughout;
• Assessing the needs of the business units and drafting dashboards for the sales planning teams;
• Identifying trends, and setting up item and customer segmentations to support the sales planning process.
• Bachelor of Computer Science, Administration (Finance or IT major) or Operations Management;
• 3-5 years relevant experience in sales forecasting and demand planning, preferably in a retail environment, which would be deemed an asset;
• 1-3 years project management experience, plus 3-5 years proven experience improving and implementing business processes;
• Microsoft Excel Expert (PowerQuery, PowerPivot);
• Able to work autonomously, with minimal guidance;
• Team player, unifier, dynamic;
• At ease with fluctuating environments/situations;
• Excellent command of statistical principles, strong analytical skills;
• Able to quickly grasp business needs, synthesize them, and convert them into technical objectives or tangible solutions (e.g. develop performance benchmarking dashboards);
• Relevant process and continuous improvement mapping experience;
• Sound experience processing large volumes of data in order to extract the essential information;
• Significant experience consolidating various data sources, including data output control mechanisms.