Career Opportunities: Senior Business Analyst, HRIS (500)
Position Number: 50020151 /
Department: HR Administration, HRIS and Projects
Campus: Sir George Williams (Downtown)
NOTE: This posting represents an indeterminate contract duration.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Initiatives and Systems Evolution, the incumbent plays a key role in the management, maintenance and expansion of Concordia University’s Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), including requirements gathering and requirements management process; conducting workshops with stakeholders so as to elicit, analyze, and document the business strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities and ways of optimizing business processes. The incumbent is a subject matter expert within Human Resources, a person on whom others draw to resolve complex problems.
• Elicit, analyze, validate, and document business, organizational and/or operational requirements. Conduct workshops with users and prioritize the detailed requirements from all stakeholders.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Provide expert knowledge of HR processes and how they are supported by the HRIS, including system interactions/integrations and dependencies with other modules pertaining to the data managed by HR.
• Analyze end user and business unit needs, document business requirements, recommend solutions and best practices required to implement and support the business.
• Analyze and understand business operations’ strengths and weaknesses to identify opportunities and ways to optimize business processes and activities through automation.
• Create and maintain inventory of business process maps and reports related to new processes/features or changes to existing features/processes and associated functional specifications.
• Provide support in conducting high-level analysis of enterprise-wide system changes including analysis, deployment scoping, project plan definition and business case writing.
• Support daily management of the HRIS’ operational tasks, including the management of application configuration and issue resolution related to the processing of interfaces and file loads.
• Analyze user reported systems issues and work closely with IITS in testing, solving and delivering solutions to problems.
• Collect and analyze data and process metrics to recommend improvements and drive improvement efforts to increase customer service efficiency / effectiveness for the HR unit.
• Participate in building and reviewing test strategy, test plans and test cases to ensure requirements are met; supporting QA and testing team; executing user acceptance tests; reviewing defects and working with client to determine the priority of fix and/or manual work around.
• Work closely with the user community to analyze new features and functionalities and recommend a deployment approach to ensure it is in line with the objectives set forward by the HRIS steering committee.
• Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of proposed solution and to assist in implementing new business process solutions. Contribute to the preparation of communication plans between clients/stakeholder from project inception to final implementation.
• Supports user training and assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials.
• Perform other tasks in support of the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and 4 to 7 years of related work experience.
• Business Analysis certification and ITIL certification are assets.
• Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation to end-users. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
• Strong analytical and functional requirement documentation skills.
• Experience in implementation of ERP systems.
• Knowledge of SAP S/4 (Payroll) and SAP Success Factors.
• Business process modeling experience.
• Experience with Visio or similar process modeling software.
• Experience in evaluating service management and customer service.
• Experience in creating reports and working on special projects.
• Ability to use business intelligence tools for integrated reports creation.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills in order to organize work effectively and set work priorities under time constraints.
• Demonstrated ability as a Business Process improvement specialist.
• Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both member of a team and independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Workforce Software and Sodales Solutions is desirable.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Salary: $85,291.00 - $98,912.00 per annum
Union/Association/HR Policy: HR POLICIES
***PLEASE CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION***