Reporting to the Manager, Applications & Consulting, the incumbent is responsible for the evolution of organization's management applications;
Maintains a thorough understanding of corporate business systems and applications and the broader corporate strategy concerning information technology; identifying the opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driven changes.
Analyze user's specific needs, identifies and documents the appropriate solution, plans the development, implements, trains users, systems maintenance, and coordinates if needed the programming of applications previously analyzed per set policies and norms.
Track, modify and document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed procedures that can be used in training.
Carries out financial analysis including cost/benefit analysis, feasibility and impact studies for new systems or enhancements to existing systems; Develop test cases and perform end-to-end testing of new functionalities.
Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new and/or existing system functionality; Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching of staff.
Work within change management processes and procedures, ensuring deliverables match business/functional analysis requirements
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science and 5 years of relevant experience as an Applications Analyst / Business Analyst within the manufacturing industry
• Experience with ERP, financial and distribution software: MS-Dynamics AX, SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc.
• Experience in SQL and C++ programming
• Project Management experience
• Team spirit and strong desire for continuous quality improvement
• Bilingual (English and French), spoken and written
• Ability to handle several issues simultaneously.
• Team player, good interpersonal skills and autonomous.
• Strong customer focus, understanding of the customer's viewpoint.
• Goals oriented, proactive.