Team Lead, Planning & Accountability
Are you a strong leader? Why not consider this hands-on Team Lead position with the Office of the Worker Adviser, Ministry of Labour, and showcase your management, planning and accountability skills!
What can I expect to do in this role?
• lead a team in supporting the Office of the Worker Advisor's (OWA) planning and decision-making through the provision of strategic business and operational planning, annual and other reporting, performance measurement, financial/administrative oversight and managing agency accountability functions
• build collaborative relationships with the Agency management team and act as an internal consultant to assist management team in carrying out their responsibilities
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Technical Knowledge
• You have strong leadership skills to plan/prioritize activities, provide direction and coach/mentor to staff, and provide input to performance reviews
• You have a good understanding of management practices, processes and techniques particularly in the areas of strategic/business planning, operational planning, budgeting, financial analysis, performance analysis, forecasting methods/techniques
• You have knowledge of results-based management concepts, techniques and practices and performance measurement techniques
• You have knowledge of business planning methods, theories and principles to provide strategic business and financial planning expertise and consultative advice to the Director and Agency management
• You have the ability to understand government/Ministry and Ontario Worker Advisers's policy direction; program goals and objectives; relevant policies and legislation, organizational structure to: provide strategic analysis, develop business planning frameworks, and to provide advice to senior management
• You have a good understanding of Ontario Agency Accountability rules and directives to manage the posting of governance documents, such as business plans, annual reports and expense information for designated individuals
• You have the ability to understand emerging trends and developments in information technology to identify improvements and develop recommendations for enhancements to the Agency's electronic service delivery and case management systems
Research, Analytical and Project Management Skills
• You have knowledge of data and analytics and research methodologies to analyze and synthesize information drawn from disparate sources and develop recommendations and best practices based on research findings
• You have a strong ability to develop project plans and critical paths, anticipate issues and obstacles, and schedule activities to track and assess milestones
• You have knowledge of project management methodologies to lead business and operational planning and business improvement activities and strategies
• You have knowledge of privacy and security principles and practices and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to manage the preparation of responses to information requests and to ensure the security of information assets
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills to provide advice, options and recommendations, prepare reports; correspondence and briefing material; provide direction and guidance to the Director, Agency management and staff
• You can use standard office software programs and tools to conduct analysis, and prepare own materials (e.g. spreadsheets, briefing notes, etc.); other computer applications (e.g. IFIS, internal case management systems, etc.)
Salary Range: $65,401 - $94,239 per year
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, February 27, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 117953 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.