theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As part of the theScore Data Engineering team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Data Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists determined to develop high-quality and sustainable data-driven solutions to improve profitability, growth and the user experience. You’ll work hand in hand with the Analytics & Reporting teams to develop and maintain data pipelines & internally developed tools to improve workflows and automate processes wherever possible. The ideal candidate has a passion for data, a strong background in data engineering, database management & computer science. An interest in professional sports, betting and/or eSports is a plus.
About the Work
As a key member of our Data Engineering team you will:
- Collaborate with Data Science, Reporting, Analytics and other engineering teams to build data pipelines, infrastructure and tooling to support business initiatives
- Oversee the design and maintenance of data pipelines and contribute to the continual enhancement of the data engineering architecture
- Collaborate with the team to meet performance, scalability, and reliability goals
- Write out tests and thorough documentation for processes and tooling
- Adapt to working with new technologies and frameworks, sometimes headlining the investigation into their usefulness to the team
- Maintain and expand existing systems, tooling and infrastructure
- Maintain the data warehouse ensuring data integrity and performance
- Take ownership of projects, plan and collaborate with other members of the Analytics and Reporting teams or others within the company
- Other duties as required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong Knowledge of Python
- Strong Knowledge of Airflow, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience building out a scalable infrastructure to fit the needs of a growing company
- Experience in data ingestion and processing including Third-Party APIs (e.g. Appsflyer, Branch, Facebook etc.)
- Experience with RedShift, Snowflake or other SQL-based data warehouses
- Experience with at least one major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent
- Strong organization and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience working with Data Scientists or deploying machine learning models
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.