Senior Business Analyst
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to put your extensive IT experience and business analysis skills to good use? Then consider working for the Road User Safety Solutions Branch, Ministry of Transportation, where you will lead project teams and provide business systems consulting expertise to clients.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will:
• Provide project leadership in developing business applications
• Analyze client IT needs, conduct feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and contribute to system design and implementation of complex systems initiatives
• Recommend solutions and provide technical expertise to complex issues
• Prepare user cases, process, data and models to support business processes and information needs
How do I qualify?
• You have experience gathering business requirements using tools such as PowerDesigner and techniques such as UML, use-cases, Activity Diagrams, State Transition Diagrams, and Object Diagrams
• You have demonstrated experience with Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, standards, tools and techniques
• You have application design knowledge and skills to support mainframe, client-server or internet technology based in a multi-channel delivery environment
• You have experience in leading a team in business systems and cost-benefit analysis
• You have knowledge of theory and principles of business systems design and development in order to lead a team in analysis and definition of client business and information technology solutions using Commercial-off-the-shelf products
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can discuss client requirements, lead business systems development discussions and make presentations
• You can prepare reports and technical documentation
• You can explain processes and make recommendations to stakeholders and managers
• You have the ability to work with stakeholders and vendors to resolve conflict and collaborate on service delivery approaches
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can assess client information and business systems needs
• you can address new business requirements by designing alternative applications and developing information technology solutions using products such as Oracle Siebel
Salary Range: $1,376.78 - $1,778.54 per week
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, February 28, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 99049 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.