Requisition ID: 171158
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The CID&A (Customer Insights, Data & Analytics) team at Scotiabank is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data. One of the main areas of transformation is the way data is produced, consumed, and managed at an enterprise level to drive business value. The aim is to provide a truly productized offering of re-usable data that can be delivered iteratively through a streamlined process and framework in order to meet the velocity that will allow data consumers to focus on delivering business value. We are looking to build our delivery team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Principal Data Engineer operates within the Data Enablement & Architecture team. This valuable member of the team will be the Technical Lead responsible for creating scalable automated systems for re-usable data assets, pipelines and services for the broad enterprise use. This role is focused on creating transformative change in how our organization interacts with data.
A Day in the life:
Working on the DEA (Data engineering & architecture) team within Scotiabank’s Data Office, you will meet individuals from around the bank. Working specifically with our cloud technologies you will be responsible for bringing the bank’s data together on cloud. As the Technical Lead of this product line, you’ll manage both the technical direction and engineering team on a day-to-day basis. You will also be instrumental in product design, working with Product Managers and Business Analysts to support the product roadmap and backlog. You will be a great fit if you are open to mentoring others, and passionate about implementing good design and development practices. This is an opportunity to grow a young product team into a key component of the bank’s strategic future.
• Lead a high-functioning Product Engineering Team!
• Design, manage, and maintain data services and platforms to enable enterprise-wide use of data
• Be an evangelist and drive adoption of data services and automation tools
• Work closely with partner teams in Analytics, IT, various lines of business to create reusable assets that drive real business outcomes
• Participate in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
• Work with other lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
• Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups, etc.
• Provide mentorship, peer review, and code review on data services & DevOps practices.
• Lead one or more products/services and define functions or features for data platforms.
• Support and maintain a successful product
• 5+ years of experience in building and delivering scalable, enterprise-level software solutions
• 5+ years of software development and infrastructure experience, using a variety of object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python)
• 3+ years of experience leading and managing software development teams
• Proven experience designing service and microservice based architectures
• Strong knowledge and understanding of container and micro-services technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, APIM); domain expertise in data platform features and capabilities.
• Functional experience developing applications using Cloud technologies (e.g. Google Cloud)
• Proven experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Airflow, MinIO, Rancher)
• Proven experience working with relational databases (DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
• Strong Understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, other).
• Experience working with traditional data warehousing / ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, DataStage, other).
• Experience in software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability and readability
• Knowledge and understanding of analytics & data science life cycle
• Experience in Agile/Product/Architecture.
• Experience in Cloud Data Solutions would be an asset
• Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers and organizational alignment
• Experience in technical leadership of medium to large sized technical teams in delivering production solutions.
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Ability to be an effective influencer on technology direction / an effective evangelist.
• Helps recruit + groom technology leaders and future leaders.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.