Software Engineer Department: Information Technology Reports to: Director, It Location: Aurora, Ontario Employment Status: Full time Job Purpose The Software Engineer is a contributor in our dynamic Information Technology team providing technical
Requisition ID: 92521 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose Contributes to the overall success of the Automotive Finance in Canada ensuring specific individual
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR Analyst, Settlements Location of Position: Mississauga The Specialist Settlements report to the Supervisor Market Settlements Temporary position- up to 18 months Job Summary: Provide
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR Analyst, Settlements Location of Position: Mississauga The Specialist Settlements report to the Supervisor Market Settlements Temporary position- up to 18 months This position is for the
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR Specialist Settlements Location of Position: Mississauga The Specialist Settlements report to the Supervisor Market Settlements This position is for the Analysis & Integration team in
We are the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) - Ontario's independent energy regulator. We work to ensure a sustainable, reliable energy sector that helps consumers get value from their natural gas and electricity services – for today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an energetic, collaborative self-starter to join our Strategic Policy team in a Policy Advisor role. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of policy options to enhance the Board's overall regulatory framework in order to keep pace with a changing energy sector. You will provide analysis and decision support to the Board and other Business Units. This position reports to the Director, Strategic Policy.
Job ID #632
2 Temporary Full-time Positions
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with knowledge of how utilities are regulated and an interest in assisting the OEB to achieve its vision of protecting the long-term integrity of the Province's energy system so that Ontarians – today and in the future – have access to reliable energy at a reasonable cost.
· Conduct policy research including evaluating and analyzing policy options and their implications on the natural gas and electricity sectors; prepare papers to solicit stakeholder feedback through meetings, engagement and consultations with the sector
· Plan and conduct studies and in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis on energy-related issues, including pricing, risk, innovation, incentive rate-setting, new developments, industry trends, initiatives, policies and practices
· Develop policy options by leading individual or team stakeholder consultations, managing consultants and directing projects and project teams
· Monitor the energy and regulatory policy environment to identify trends and emerging issues, build relationships with stakeholders, commissions and industry associations through online research, issues management, and professional networks
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Undergraduate degree in economics, public policy, commerce, accounting, engineering, law or a related discipline
· 5 to 10 years' or equivalent experience in policy research, analysis or related energy industry work
· Experience in delivering reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders and the general public based on research and analysis
· Knowledge of Ontario's electricity sector is preferred
· Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of regulatory principles and regulatory policy frameworks is required
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including quantitative analysis
· Demonstrated accountability to produce high-quality work, in a timely manner
· Strong planning and coordination skills in order to execute activities
· Proven adaptability to work effectively in a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups
· Excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers)
· Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
If you enjoy working with a group of staff dedicated to working cooperatively with stakeholders to help build and sustain public confidence in Ontario's natural gas and electricity sectors, you'll enjoy being a member of our team. We offer an environment that provides intellectually challenging work, inspires innovation, creativity and rewards collaboration.
COME WORK WITH US
· Competitive salary and benefits
· Comprehensive Health and Dental Plans
· Income Protection Plan
· Progressive Leave Program
· Employee Assistant Program
If you would like to explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume, in confidence, by Tuesday, August 11, 2020, to *******@***.**. When applying, please quote Job ID #632 and the Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail.
As Ontario's independent energy regulator, the OEB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require any assistance, please let us know.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.