Location Lilongwe, Malawi
Start Date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Due to funder restrictions, support for accompanying partners/dependents is not available for this placement.
The Volunteer's Role
We are searching for a passionate volunteer to help improve best practices and provide quality administrative support for our SANI Project in Malawi.
The Southern Africa Nutrition Initiative (SANI) Project in Malawi aims to improve nutritional outcomes in women of reproductive age (15-49) and children under 5 years of age. The project is implemented through a partnership between CARE, Cuso International, the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), McGill University, and the Government of Malawi.
As a Business Development Advisor, you will help strengthen communications, reporting, and business development capacity of staff and partners, including the development of human-interest stories and donor reports. Additionally, you will support SANI-related administrative, planning and monitoring activities at the field and head office level.
Apply for this position, and let's make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop, share, and train others in the development of best practices, success stories, and reports for the SANI project
- Support concept note development and donor liaising in the proposal development process to broaden CARE Malawi's program portfolio
- Increase business development capacity within the Malawi Country Office - Provide nutrition policy direction and guidance to key stakeholders
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Social Sciences or related field
Essential Professional Background:
- Demonstrated work experience with proposal development, program implementation
- Familiarity with Results-Based Management tools and proposal development processes
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
Great Canadian Gaming is currently looking for two Senior Business Analysts to join our team based in Toronto, ON. Reporting to the Director, Business Solutions & Project Delivery, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for carrying out analysis
Great Canadian Gaming is currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team based in Toronto, ON. Reporting to the Director, Business Solutions & Project Delivery, the Business Analyst is responsible for carrying out analysis work for One IT
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Markham; Mississauga; Toronto; Vaughan Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Be encouraged to deepen your technical
Job Description - Strategic Specialist- Business Performance (20000092) Strategic Specialist- Business Performance - 20000092 Job Summary Collects data, provides problem solving, analytical and other project management support to execute
About the Company:At Timbercreek Communities we believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience. Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family