This opportunity is with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF), Land and Resources Cluster (LRC). The position is part of the BC East GIS unit. A Senior Business Analyst is required for a number of projects, including Revenue Modernization and the Responsible Asset Management Program. The purpose of the Revenue Modernization project is to modernize current MNRF revenue management systems, including their integration with IFIS (Integrated Financial Information System). The purpose of the latter is to design and develop business processes and systems to assist MNRF with the management of their assets, including capital asset reporting and management. The Senior Business Analyst is required to assist MNRF clients in the analysis and design of new solutions; this includes participating in every stage of projects such as requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, change management, training and documentation preparation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• plan, facilitate and lead consultations to identify, map, analyse and evaluate business requirements and processes
• communicate business analysis expertise to technical peers, managers, clients and end users
• analyze, develop, test and implement business systems and change management initiatives
• conduct ongoing business analysis activities and analysis within all phases of the project life cycle
• develop strategies, options analysis, business cases, prepare fit-gap analysis, feasibility studies, proposals and evaluate Request for Proposals (RFP) for business I&IT initiatives
• demonstrate technical depth and experience in delivering I&IT solutions
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of enterprise business architectural concepts, business requirement management, business analysis methodologies and business analysis-related technical and business planning.
• You have knowledge of the software development life cycle, software design, development and integration, database concepts, user interface design principles, change management, quality assurance, risk management, disaster recovery planning and business continuity planning.
• You have knowledge of industry technologies and trends, including: integrated systems environments, infrastructure, business reporting and analytics (e.g. Informatica and Cognos) and enterprise case/customer relationship management solutions (e.g. Oracle Siebel).
• You have knowledge of procurement best practices to write business requirements, specifications and prepare and evaluate RFPs.
Leadership and project management skills:
• You can lead projects to implement, change and re-engineer business processes.
• You can lead committees and client dialogues to reach agreement on technological requirements.
• You are knowledgeable in change management, service delivery management and project management, including planning, resource management, budgeting, and risk assessment and management.
• You can provide technical guidance and mentoring to ensure the continuous improvement and compliance with established business analysis methodologies.
• You can evaluate the current state of clients' technologies, systems and needs and develop recommendations, options and solutions.
• You can effectively match technology solutions to business requirements.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You can develop and maintain business relationships and provide ongoing advice, guidance and assistance clients.
• You share knowledge with clients effectively in order to promote mutual understanding and collaboration.
• You can build consensus and agreement with stakeholders and clients.
• You present advice and recommendations clearly and persuasively.
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, June 29, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 108694 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.