The Library of Parliament is a non partisan organization providing stimulating and rewarding work. We recognize that our employees are our most important asset and, as such, we offer excellent benefits, a minimum of four weeks' vacation leave, learning opportunities to support professional and career development, competitive salaries, and more!
The Library believes that the excellence for which it is known is enhanced by nurturing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. The Library is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we live in and work in, the clients we work with, and Canadian society at large.
Corporate Services (CS) provides support and services to the Library of Parliament in the areas of human resources, finance and materiel management, corporate planning, information technology, and publishing, editing and creative services.
We are currently looking for candidates to staff the following position: Senior Business Solutions Analyst (one-year term) and Business Solutions Analyst (one-year term).
Challenge yourself! Join us as we build on the information management (IM) and information technology (IT) capacity of the Library of Parliament. Become part of a group of dedicated professionals who deal with technology every day in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Information Technology Directorate provides exciting opportunities to apply your education and knowledge in a wide range of IM and IT areas and projects.
To be considered, candidates must have:
• A bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science or a related field OR an acceptable combination of education, training and relevant experience
• A minimum of two years' experience in managing complex IM/IT projects and services, and managing the delivery of end-to-end business solutions using off-the-shelf software, custom applications, websites and business processes
• A minimum of three years' experience in delivering IM/IT solutions using such techniques as stakeholder management, process modelling, business and systems analysis, gap analysis and change management, among others, in order to meet business needs
• Experience managing cross-functional project staff, including business clients, external contractors, developers, and IT system specialists
*Candidates who do not meet these minimum required years of experience may be considered for a position of Business Solutions Analyst at an MPA-4 level ($82,508 - $97,601).
Candidates retained in this selection process will be required to obtain:
• A successful second-language evaluation (Bilingual staffing – imperative: CBC/CBC)
• A successful pre-employment screening
• This selection process is open to the public and to employees of the Library of Parliament, the Senate, the House of Commons, the Office of the Senate Ethics Officer, the Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, the Parliamentary Protective Service, and the Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer.
• This selection process will include a second-language evaluation, a written qualifying exam, an interview and a post-interview written exam. The interview will consist of behavioural, situational and knowledge-based questions. Candidates will be required to pass each stage in order to move to the next stage of the selection process.
• Qualified candidates from this selection process may be considered for determinate or indeterminate positions at the Library of Parliament that require similar knowledge and/or competencies.
• Education and experience requirements will be used to determine which candidates will be asked to participate in the next stage of the selection process.
• Satisfactory references and proof of education are essential conditions of appointment.
• Travel and relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidates.
• Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Apply no later than October 21, 2021 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
To apply, please send us your curriculum vitae, along with a covering letter indicating how you meet each of the education and experience requirements of the position. Please quote Staffing Process 21-LOP-273 in your documents and, if you apply by email, in the subject line of your email.
Send us your application:
By email: LOPCareers-CarrieresBDP@parl.gc.ca
Questions? Contact Human Resources at LOPCareers-CarrieresBDP@parl.gc.ca.
We thank all those who apply. Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.