The ERP Business Analyst is responsible to review, assess, develop and optimize the business processes. Analyze and translate business requirements into system deployments and/or business process changes. Work closely with business users and stakeholders capturing requirements; including process opportunities, needs for new or enhanced capabilities, training and reporting needs. This role acts as a liaison between the business users and project team. The business analyst uses knowledge of business applications and processes to develop and recommend appropriate solution and process engineering based on user needs and business priorities.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the business processes by researching best practices, devising improvements, piloting new techniques, and creating more effective processes.
- Participate in the preparation of business case documents, project plans and other information needed by management to select and prioritize business initiatives, working with business project managers.
- Assist in project planning and project scope sessions to ensure compliance with the project charter, implementation plan, and client agreements.
- Document business objective, scope, benefits in appropriate document templates such as Business Case.
- Elicitate and document the business requirements of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identify business priorities based on assessment of business needs.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions.
- Obtains key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution interdependencies
- Elaborate improvements deployment road map.
- Provide training and support to business for processes, procedures, application functionality, enhancements, upgrades and improvements as required.
Leadership and People Responsibilities:
- Liaise effectively with the Business Systems Analyst assigned to the project, to ensure proper transition of requirements from business requirements through to technical (system) requirements.
- Liaison between the stakeholders and Project Team to facilitate implementation of efficient that enable the department to achieve its goals.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting user acceptance testing, executing testing, and participating in the resolution of problems
- Build a strong working relationship with both business units and external business partners.
- Conduct Cost-benefit analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring and coaching business team members.
- Recommend and promote best methodology practices to adopt.
- Proactively search for improved ways to run business processes and propose best-in-class solutions and services.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and the enterprise application ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field is required
- 10 years ofexperience as a Business Analyst
- Five (5) years in a consulting or client relationship management environment
- Five (5) years of experience with ERP systems and their standard processes covering Finance and HR sectors
- 10 years of experience in the development and implementation of process improvements including technology solutions
- IIBA certification is an asset
- Bilingual (English and French) both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite : Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of databases that capture existing information and demonstratethe useof data sources
- Excellent analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills
- Leadership and ability to coordinate projects
- Ability to communicate and influence different levels of management