Job Reference: 4511
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Information Technologies
Position type: Salaried
The incumbent acts as a liaison between the client and the Information Technology Department. He or she will analyze business requirements before an IT project is started, and support his or her clients in preparing a project's justification.
The incumbent's main duties are to identify, define, analyze and document company needs. He will convert business requirements into objectives for projects or evolutions requests. In conjunction with the architects, he or she will help find innovative solutions to meet identified needs. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the compliance of a solution with user requirements.
The position requires excellent communication skills in addition to extensive technical knowledge and strategic business acumen. The incumbent will work closely with clients, architects, the development team and managers. He or she is involved in the full solution implementation cycle and must support clients throughout the cycle, from the development of the IT solution until its implementation.
Main duties include:
- Analyze and model the business area and processes for which the incumbent is responsible;
- Assist Business Relationship Managers in identifying and defining opportunities, assessing them through a preliminary analysis and managing the various client portfolios;
- Support clients in defining and justifying business needs and in documenting them;
- Establish and control business requirements by taking advantage of various information gathering techniques allowing clients to formalize their needs;
- Prioritize and manage requirements in order to facilitate solution delivery processes;
- Communicate and present concrete solutions;
- Advise and assist clients in order to improve and innovate;
- Demonstrate the ability to build on what has been achieved and enhance the team's level of expertise by supporting less experienced members;
- Help define key business analysis methodology, processes and tools;
- Participate in quality control activities by performing tests or making structured reviews;
- Assist users during their acceptance tests.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related discipline. Master's degree an asset;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a business analyst;
- Knowledge of the business field;
- Proven ability to identify and formalize business needs, convert them into instances of use, user case histories and/or test cases;
- Thorough knowledge and solid experience in implementing business systems;
- Ability to assess IT project costs, risks and profitability;
- Versed in Microsoft environment (SharePoint, Team Foundation, Project, etc.);
- Recognized CRM and customer service skills;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Strong analytical and information processing skills;
- Ability to influence, persuade and initiate change;
- Ability to set priorities and to perform tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Extensive background in a collaborative, team-run environment;
- Good judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive situations;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- High stress tolerance;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.