Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Information Technologies
Position type: Salaried
Working as part of a multidisciplinary, multipurpose team, the Analyst, IT Operational Performance and Efficiency, plays an essential role in three aspects of IT operations. He or she supports various technological initiatives by providing expert cost-benefit and financial analysis. Specifically as regards procurement operations, the incumbent checks that invoices are consistent with the terms of existing agreements, assists the IT team in making acquisitions and ensures that contractual obligations are met. Finally, he or she supports timesheet and other processes related to the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) platform.
- Analyze ROI of IT projects;
- Reconcile IT project expenses and budgets;
- Prepare IT variance analyses (actual vs. budget) to support the IT management team's decision-making;
- Draft projection analyses in order to prepare and monitor the annual IT budget;
- Analyze costs to be integrated into the IT rebilling process.
- Help manage relationships with IT providers: negotiate contracts and monitor contractual obligations;
- Ensure quality control and monitor providers' levels of service, identify gaps and make the appropriate recommendations;
- Review providers' invoices, identify variances and mistakes, and provide the necessary follow-up in the event of a problem;
- Leverage knowledge of various IT agreements to support the management team in monitoring contractual obligations and to answer questions related to existing agreements;
- Support the management process for procurement contracts by monitoring the IT team's application of the process and contributing to the review of contractual agreements.
- Support operations group with regard to the use of the EPM platform;
- Assist in tracking business plan activities: prepare KPI reports, dashboards and monthly performance analyses;
- Support the operational performance and efficiency group by carrying out a variety of operational analysis tasks (e.g., develop templates to support IT operations, analyze spending trends for various service components, manage team site).
- Bachelor's degree in administration, IT or a related field;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the IT industry;
- Experience in tracking billing, monitoring project finances and calculating profits;
- Solid understanding of IT governance structure and IT operational processes;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Experience in preparing PowerPoint presentations;
- Knowledge of finance and accounting desirable;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) platform an asset;
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and to identify and analyze issues and trends;
- Versatile, enjoys working on a wide range of projects;
- Professional and methodical;
- Dedication to efficiency, continuous improvement and workload organization;
- Self-motivated and able to set priorities in an environment with multiple challenges;
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.