The Business Analyst, Financial Applications, acts as a liaison between business end users and the IT group to facilitate process improvements and implementation of large and complex projects. He ensures that modifications/developments are processed in a timely manner and within the defined specifications without affecting any other existing operations or processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Prepare, document and carry out user acceptance testing, including approval. Analyze, document and manage problems encountered during testing. Propose solutions and ensure the resolution for the end users.
- Assist in improving and simplifying work methods related to these applications by analyzing needs, recommending best practices and implementing the necessary changes.
- Build the financial structure of the applications and recommend any changes that will improve the end user operations and reporting.
- Contribute to defining and documenting training and securities aspects required by the end users who work with the financial applications.
- Keep documentation on applications and configuration up to date. Define and document any additional requirements related to new business practices.
- Act as liaison to support operational staff on these business applications by coaching and providing them with training information, and answering their ad hoc requests.
- Define and document securities aspects on the financial processes and applications required by end users following proper segregation of duty. Maintain security up to date with new users and changes in staff.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging best practices and processes in financial applications
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (business administration, accounting, computing, project management, etc.), professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA), other designation or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, venture capital and the investment sector, an asset
- FIve (5) to eight (8) years of experience in applications support and maintenance and particularly as a management systems analyst
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent knowledge of Office Suite
- Financial and analytical competencies
- Knowledge of how to set up, implement and deploy financial systems
- Knowledge of integrated software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and document processes and practices
- Knowledge of requirements for financial reporting and general business operations
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Initiative and creativity
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with external and internal clients
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
The masculine gender is used throughout solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.