As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, France and Idaho, USA. Innergex has offices in Longueuil, Quebec, and in Vancouver, British Columbia, and employs more than 150 people. The company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee's individual competencies and aspirations.
In the context of its strategic plan to expand its activities internationally, Innergex is accelerating its growth into the USA.
Responsibilities and Accountability
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Director - Development, USA is responsible for development activities, partnerships and stakeholder relations for wind and solar projects in the USA.
The candidate will be a "person of action" with an entrepreneurial spirit who will deploy, in the USA, the Innergex business strategy by leveraging resources already in place. The experienced candidate will have a solid background in leading an organization focused on developing power plants and will possess a deep and successful record in renewable power projects development. It is important for the person to have extensive relationships and a solid reputation with power purchasers and potential project partners. This person must be articulated in all technical and contractual issues such as grid interconnection, power offtake contract, land acquisition, tax and incentive structures, etc.
Main tasks will include :
- Manage development activities for the Innergex portfolio in the USA from land acquisition, permitting phase, construction until commercial operation;
- Oversee consultants for necessary environmental studies, identifying environmental and social issues, establishing appropriate action plans and implementing them to obtain all required permits and authorizations;
- Manage relations with various stakeholders (governments, municipalities, utilities, suppliers, contractors, landowners, etc);
- Collaborate in the establishment of new partnerships / contracts for the development and/or co-development of new wind and solar projects;
- Ensure regulatory monitoring to keep abreast of changes that may affect Innergex's development strategy and to gain competitive advantages and differentiate themselves from competitors;
- Communicate and implement Innergex's strategy externally so that all partners, suppliers, and consultants understand the company's business plan and how it carries out its corporate activities goals;
- Ensure our development activities maintain continuity with current wind and solar projects already in operation;
- As part of due diligence reviews, participate in the assessment of regulatory and technical aspects of potential projects (budget, permits, interconnection, etc.);
- Develop management reports to be communicated to the Senior Management team;
- Represent Innergex within sectoral trade associations.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of wind and/or solar projects;
- Specific knowledge and experience relating to partnership management and contract negotiations;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and leverage a robust network of relationships at all levels;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the intuitive ability to work effectively with various personality types;
- Refined written and verbal communication skills, particularly in local government and executive communications;
- Demonstrated success as an effective partner/collaborator/influencer/facilitator;
- Ability to dive into details and to effectively summarize;
- Self-starter / independent thinker with intellectual curiosity and pride in work product;
- Ability to prioritize and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and evolving work priorities.
- Relevant University degree;
- 10 years of experience in a relevant position in the USA;
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French is an asset.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.