IT Business Analyst
Come and showcase your IT leadership and analytical skills where you will support project teams in the planning, development and implementation of technical solutions for the Justice Technology Services Division at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will oversee the following areas:
- Business Analysis
- Plan and undertake design, development and prototype testing, and participate in the implementation of re-engineered and new business process models and best practices.
- Develop detailed business project plans which translate the clients' business requirements into functional, technical specifications and identify alternative business design options/solutions.
- Perform post-implementation reviews to assess the performance of new or re-engineered processes, practices and lessons learned to support continuous improvement.
- Research, design, develop and participate in the roll-out of tools, methods, processes, performance indicators and standards to ensure the integrity of the business analysis function, and to facilitate business process re-engineering.
- Research trends, developments and best practices in business analysis in order to ensure own business analyses reflect and introduce optimal processes, practices, methods, tools and performance indicators, and to share state-of-the-art knowledge.
- Document business processes, methods, practices and associated tools.
- Relationship Management/Client Services
- Provide advice and recommendations on the design, development and implementation of new, enhanced or customized processes supported by IT solutions.
- Participate in multidisciplinary business analysis projects within the Ministry and provide analyses, evaluations and reports.
- Participate in internal and external stakeholder consultations, solutions development and partnering on key business processes, practices, standards and methods.
- Consult with vendors, consultants and peers in the community and in other jurisdictions to stay current with business analysis trends, developments and issues.
- Provide business analysis support and information to managers, clients and users who may not be experienced in business analysis.
- Lead discussions on sensitive and complex consultations with stakeholders.
- Consult with clients on situation-specific and general business processes, practices and methods.
- • Participate on internal working groups, committees and projects.
- • Participate in knowledge-sharing initiatives to raise awareness and acceptance of business process improvements benefits.
- Team Leadership
- Lead business team by providing guidance and direction to staff, identifying and coordination team functions and tasks.
- Provide leadership to external consultants in all project phases by reviewing work done on the project, ensuring that applications are implemented successfully to meet business objectives.
How do I qualify?
Business Knowledge & Leadership:
- ability to provide analysis, developing and implementing approved new/re-engineered business processes, standards
- ability to lead business team and external consultants by providing technical guidance and assigning work
- ability to lead clients and project teams in order to derive business requirements and functional requirements
Consultation, Collaboration and Negotiation Skills:
- You have consultation and collaboration skills to obtain understanding of business processes, and propose new/re-engineered business processes
- You possess knowledge of negotiation and consensus building among business areas involving various stakeholders
Communication (oral and written) and Presentation Skills:
- You can provide written/verbal instructions and information
- You have presentation skills to provide advice, guidance, assistance
Business Planning and Organizing Skills:
- You can co-ordinate work with clients, stakeholders and partners and expedite progress to support client business needs
- You have knowledge of IT Service Management principles
- You have ability to lead the assessment of business analysis results and determine key elements to drive process improvement
- You have ability to use computer applications to prepare reports, and presentations
- You have knowledge of business process modelling, capability maturity modelling and quality systems
Salary Range: $63,544 - $91,564 per year
- One (1) permanent position
- 21 College St, 3rd Flr, Toronto, Toronto Region
- General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
- A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Please apply online, only, by Thursday, February 23, 2017, by clicking on the provided "Apply" button and entering Job ID 104330 in the Job ID search field.
- Please follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.