I&IT Senior Business Analyst
Come and showcase your expertise where you will lead and provide a comprehensive range of I&IT business analysis services for clients.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within Justice Technology Services (JTS), the cluster, Infrastructure Services Technology (ITS), the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services and across the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
Note: This competition may be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions within 12 months of this competition.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Lead and conduct business analysis both on an ongoing basis and for business projects to assess clients' business problems or opportunities.
- Apply re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative, cost effective service delivery approaches.
- Develop strategies, prepare business cases and cost-benefit analysis, and conduct feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives.
- Conduct and lead research to identify opportunities for improving I&IT systems use and management.
- Provide input to annual and multi-year planning cycles.
- Facilitate and manage stakeholder communication both on an ongoing basis and throughout project life cycles, to support informed client/cluster decision-making on solution options.
- Participate on cross-organizational projects and committees to provide expertise and hands-on business analysis integration and risk assessment.
- Develop business requirements and technical specifications for requests for proposals (RFPs) and participate in assessing bids and negotiating service level agreements (SLAs) with vendors.
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge of and skills in:
- Service delivery management, portfolio, program/project management and resource management
- All aspects of business analysis including enterprise level and client program area business analysis and modeling expertise
- Enterprise business architectural concepts in order to ensure that recommended technologies are consistent with OPS standards.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, software design, development and integration, database concepts, user interface design principles, change management, quality assurance, risk management, disaster recovery planning, business continuity planning to develop solutions and/or infrastructure services to satisfy business needs.
- Knowledge of industry trends in integrated systems, solutions and infrastructure such as mainframe, web-based platforms, desktop technologies, networking, security.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of I&IT Cluster and corporate policies, directives, guidelines and procedures related to service delivery processes, enterprise business architecture
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of clients' programs, business goals and objectives, to understand business needs, identify partnership opportunities and match technology solutions to business requirements and provide advice on application of I&IT
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of OPS procurement methodology and practices to write business requirements, prepare input for RFPs (requests for proposal) and participate in evaluating proposals
Communication and Consultation Skills:
- You possess oral and written communication techniques to provide advice, lead workshops and make presentations to clients and cluster/ITS senior management
- You have consultation, negotiation and collaboration skills to lead dialogues, reach agreements and resolve issues
- You can assess clients' business requirements, identify best technology solutions from among alternatives to ensure clients' expectations are satisfied in a cost effective manner
- You can evaluate directions, trends, standards and policies in a complex and evolving environment using multiple sources of guidance
- You can identify, research, develop and assess information architecture and data management options, policies, standards and methods
- You have knowledge of common office software, and specialized software for process and data modeling and diagram development
Salary Range: $68,536 - $100,994 per year
- One (1) permanent position
- 21 College St, 3rd Flr, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced
- Criminal Record (CPIC) Check
- Background Interview
- Credit Check
- Fingerprint-based CPIC Check
- OPP Investigation
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.).
- A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Please apply online, only, by Thursday, February 23, 2017, by clicking on the provided "Apply" button and entering Job ID 104160 in the Job ID search field.
- Please follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.